Wednesday 14 June 2017

A Peek At What Is To Come

Writing a blog is difficult when you want to write one but are unsure what you want to blog about. I’m lots of things, but a writer is the main thing, and I’m not one to publish my stories online if I’m going to want to earn a living from them. Problematic for a budding young author, but there are lots of topics to write about. I’m also highly critical of my writing so any tips and constructive criticism are welcome and encouraged.

I love fantasy and science fiction, so think Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, Star Trek and Star Wars and you have a reasonable idea of what I’m in to.

I’m currently writing a series of fantasy novels set in a skewy version of our world in which magic is common place and politics is getting awkward. I’ve been planning and writing different parts of these stories since I was in school and they have merged with my more recent ideas to exist in one world. I aim for this world to be rather huge.

I play D&D 5e with some friends in which I play a Human Cleric alongside a Human Druid with an annoying, talking sword, an Elvish Wizard, a Dwarf Barbarian, an Imp Rogue with an addiction to food and mayhem and a Bardic Kobald. What could possibly go wrong? With 1 DM and 3 players who have a habit of saving one-off NPCs and adopting them as characters: so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment